In India, there are 165 private and public sector financial institution are providing financial support for their account holders. RBI (Reserve Bank of India) is the central bank which control and monitor all the banks and their branches. RBI has issued unique 11 character IFSC code for all the bank branches.
IFSC-Indian Financial System Code used by all the bank branches for inter and intra bank fund transfer. RTGS, NEFT, IMPS are the three different electronic fund transfer method.
Is possible to find Bank IFSC code through Bank account number? This is the common question for most of the account holders. Let’s see how to find it using DHARAPURAM branch HDFC bank IFSC code.
For Example: HDFC0002786
- The first four character HDFC represent bank name (HDFC bank)
- 5th character is zero (0). This is marked for future purpose and this is common for all the banks
- Last 6 digit 002786 represent HDFC DHARAPURAM branch.
- In the 11 character IFSC code, first four digits are Alphabetic and 5th is Zero and last 6 digits are numeric.
For this you should know two things. Bank Name and which bank account is associated. I will explain you clearly with example as follow:
For example: My SBI bank account number is 5037XXXXXXXXXXX
- First four digits of an account number indicates branch code.
The above method doesn’t work at every situation. In most case it will be wrong. The best way to Find IFSC code is through your bank website. IFSC code is also printed on bank account statement/passbook and also on cheque book.